This job is closed and is displayed for reference only.
Closing date:20 February 2019 at midday
Contract Type:Full Time
Working hours:35 per week
Description and Main Purpose of Job:
To provide day to day operational and personnel support to Rever Offshore Vessels and Projects
Accountability and Key Performance Areas:
• Ensuring legislative and guidance requirement focus is maintained
• Ensuring all personnel certification is recorded and tracked for suitability and validity
• Ensuring Department documentation is controlled correctly
• Ensuring the best price is achieved in travel/admin procurement
• Sound knowledge of and adherence to the Business Management System (BMS) framework and governance
• Demonstrate behaviours and attitude which align to and support Rever Offshore core values
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Compile and maintain a Master Certification Register for all associated offshore personnel, linked to the personnel management system, incorporating mandatory safety training and other relevant certification
• Communicate with employment company Rever Offshore (Guernsey), or directly with associated offshore personnel for the obtainment of copies of certification, to pass on to personnel management system, alerting personnel of approaching expiry of certs, medicals, etc
• Ensure all certification and documents are genuine and comply with HSE, IMCA and Rever Offshore requirements
• Liaise with Offshore Project Manager’s (OPMs) and Project Teams to assist in planning of crew changes
• Liaise with Project Managers and the various departments to assist in preparations and planning for offshore personnel for ongoing and forthcoming projects
• Ensure visa or work permit requirements are fully understood where needed, and allow adequate time for processing to meet the project schedule
• Maintain communications with flight service providers, Project Offshore Co-ordinator’s (POCs) and OPMs to ensure crew change operations are carefully planned and coordinated, and to ensure passenger names, Next of Kin (NOK) and cert details are provided in good time. Where appropriate, liaise with the Client’s and 3rd party’s flight/personnel coordinator
• Liaise with other 3rd Party logistics coordinators to ensure that crew changes are coordinated with maximum efficiency
• Compile and maintain crew rotas where appropriate
• Ensure all personnel movements and working details are accurately recorded and passed to payroll
• Liaise with appropriate employment companies regarding payroll and personnel to resolve any issues
• Process and check processing of offshore personnel expenses claims
• Liaise with personnel agencies with regard to ad-hoc crew, raising Purchase Orders (POs) and Call Off Orders
• Pro-actively maintain contact with all offshore personnel and contractors including vessel visits where possible
• Obtain and record Offshore Personnel Assessment Forms as required
• Manage travel and accommodation requirements for offshore personnel where appropriate.
• Ensure that all OPCs liaise with one another to maintain efficiency and cooperation within the department
• Where necessary, liaise with overseas based OPCs for mutual support and highly efficient and cooperative management and maintenance of all personnel coordinating activities, processes and procedures
• Assist Rever Offshore (Guernsey) in the recruitment and selection process by providing qualification and experience guidelines and information.
• Assist Competency & Training Department with the coordination of training when required
• When necessary, provide assistance/cover for other OPCs for other vessels or assets manned by Rever Offshore
• Assist with OPC on call rota, out of hours working will be required
• Supporting the Leadership Team as appropriate, completing specific focused tasks, to support the continuing improvement in operational excellence and the long term Company strategy
• Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified, in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Health, Safety and the Environment
All employees have a duty to:
• Take reasonable care for your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by what you do or do not do.
• Co-operate with your employer on health and safety matters.
• Correctly use work items provided by your employer, including personal protective equipment, in accordance with training or instructions.
• Not to interfere with or misuse anything provided for your health and safety or welfare.
• Individuals may have additional Health & Safety responsibilities under the law of the area in which they are working and must adhere to the respective legislation.
Rever Offshore requires that all employees participate actively in ALL QHSE activities and promote safe systems and practices as an integrated management approach to business.
All personnel are required to abide by the Environmental Protection processes in place at Rever Offshore and to actively participate in REDUCING, REUSING and RECYCLING schemes in place. All efforts to reduce emissions of Green House Gases through elimination, substitution, reduction or new / improved technologies must be considered through all activities.
Experience, Competency and Skill Requirement:
Competence is defined by your ability and willingness to meet all of the responsibilities and accountabilities as stated in this Job Description and the Competency Framework for your role, where applicable.
• Experience of dealing with personnel logistics issues, both North Sea and overseas is desirable
• Demonstrable experience in dealing with confidential and highly sensitive information
• Excellent communication skills – both oral and written
• Ability to work as a highly cooperative team member to provide the best possible efficiency to the department
• Previous experience in the Oil and Gas industry, including knowledge of terminology used
• Relevant Experience of using computerised Management Information Systems
• Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work using own initiative and as part of a team
• Ability to effectively manage own workload, and work within given timescales (both internal and external), ensuring project requirements are met